The nearly 700 LED lights we installed throughout King County are expected to:
- Reduce energy costs by 54 percent or more than $57,300 every year
- Save more than 510,000 kilowatt hours of electricity, enough to power 84 homes annually
- Free up approximately 1,170 hours of maintenance staff time so they can focus on other Roads priorities
- End up paying for themselves in less than eight years
- Reduce light trespass on adjacent properties and up-light impacting visibility of stars in the night sky
The nearly $550,000 conversion was completed last fall, and we’ve already seen energy costs cut nearly in half at 20 of the busiest roadways and intersections, like Novelty Hill Road and Woodinville-Duvall Road. We’re happy to do our part to help assure that our roadways will be well-lit and sustainable for years to come.
For more information about Roads visit: http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/roads.aspx Follow Roads on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kcroads